A Helmet That Gives You Superior Noise and Weight Reduction
The Schuberth S2 comes with the knowledge that it has a noise rating of < 85 decibels at 65 miles per hour and weights in at a very impressive 2.97 lbs or 1350 grams for the medium size.
This product is a sleek helmet made for male and female motorcyclists on road tours, riding long distances in a variety of conditions. It is designed to be comfortable in both cold and warm climates as far as an individual’s head is concerned.
This comfort is provided in a number of ways.
- air vents at the chin, head and visor allow cool air flow across the entire head and facial area
- this also prevents the build up of carbon dioxide which can be dangerous, causing drowsiness especially during the winter when riders seal off their heads with scarves
- additional accessories such as cheek and headband pads add still greater comfort to the wearer on a long ride
Schuberth claim that constant testing in controlled situations such as wind tunnels has led to the design of a stable helmet. Neck padding adds to stability too, but the major contributing factor is its shape, which results in almost no upward lift.
Contact pressure is deflected by its ergonomic shape. If you ride, you know how heavy your head can feel inside a less carefully designed product. Quality control is a big part of the process of designing these helmets and makes them popular with serious motorcyclists who want the best aerodynamic qualities.
- Compact and lightweight Triple Matrix Shell
- Antibacterial, hypo-allergenic microfiber liner
- Extremely quietIntegrated, drop-down sun visor
- Fog-free Pinlock dual lens system
- Patented Anti-Roll-Off-System (AROS)
- Integrated 31 inch FM antenna and Bluetooth receiver antenna greatly improves range and reception for the optional (sold separately) fully-integrated SRCS Bluetooth communication system
- 2 shell sizes
- Exceeds ECE and DOT standards
- Glass fiber is pressed at high temperature under high pressure and the addition of special resin in vacuum to a helmet shell with exceptionally high strength
- The helmet shell made of special EPS foam is designed to optimize the shock absorption properties
- EPS features optimized impact absorption properties by using a complex multi-density foam
- COOLMAX ® interior, fully removable and washable
- Optimized seat shape
- Skeletonized for effective ventilation
- Allergen-free and Antibacterial
- Interchangeable comfort cheek pads and liner padding
- Micro-Lock ratchet strap
- Pinlock ® faceshield ensures a condensation-free view
- City setting cracks the faceshield slightly
- Easy change visor mechanism allows for extremely fast and easy faceshield replacement
- Tool-less shield replacement
- Specially developed by Schuberth, the AROS is a safety feature which, in case of an accident, ensures the chin strap is closed and properly adjusted.
- The helmet can not rotate off the head from behind
Sizes range from XS to XXXL.
Tinted visors are available. The helmet ships with a clear face shield only. You may also want to add communication technology to the helmet such as a blue tooth, radio, or MP3 as well as an intercom that allows you to communicate with a pillion passenger.
A FIVE year guarantee is provided if something does go wrong and you need to have a feature replaced or fixed.
As for the shell, we are talking about Schuberth’s industry-leading triple-matrix shell and this is about as tough as they get, so you can keep your head as safe as it could possibly be.
If the range of Schuberth S2 helmet are a little pricey for you then the next best thing we can recommend for you is to browse our reviews of its competition
All these prices are correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change.
Don’t forget that Schuberth offer the mobility program meaning that if you should damage your Schuberth helmet in an accident within 3 years of purchase you can get a replacement helmet for a third of the price.
You need to register for the program with Schuberth and you need to get a police report for your accident. But this Schuberth Mobility Program is a great service potentially saving you two thirds of a cost of a replacement helmet after a nasty fall.
The feedback from various motorcycle gear websites to date reinforces our verdict that it is a quiet, lightweight aerodynamic helmet for riders who enjoy adventure touring, dual-sport, competition, or who simply commuting but who value their safety highly. I’ll give it 5 out of 5.
Interested In Some Closeout Sale Deals?
While you’re thinking about the Schuberth S2 Helmet, you just may pick up a great bargain by scanning the closeout deals and sales currently on offer from Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla Online or Cycle Gear Direct.
Prices/conditions valid at time of publication.
BTW: If you found this Schuberth S2 Helmet review helpful, why not give us the thumbs up on your favorite social media spot.