Carbon Strength in a Hybrid Lid – Strong, Lightweight and Sleek Design
The Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic helmet is the ultimate choice in crossover helmets. Dynamic engineering and cutaway design offers the rider a sleek look and comfortable wear, without sacrificing safety. The Icon Variant is wind-tunnel tested and adapts very well to a variety of riding environments.
Multiple air intake vents and heat exhaust ports offer the rider a comfortable ride. Extensive directional air ducts channel throughout the liners to optimize airflow from the outer vents. Visibility improvements were integrated into this helmet. Extra carbon provides more impact protection while reducing the overall weight. Two separate EPS liners are in the Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic helmet.
Structure and Design
- The Shell is pneumatically molded with Fiberglass, Carbon Fiber and Dyneema for reinforced strength while remaining lightweight.
- Long oval head shape which provides centralized mass of the helmet and a more comfortable fit for many riders.
- The Anti-lift and anti-glare visor reduces glare when riding.
- This helmet weighs in at 1,650 grams(3.64 lbs).
- Multiple cutaways and metallic graphic designs in the shell for a unique look.
- Multiple air inlets for an industry leading ventilation system.
- Moisture Wicking Hydra-Dry liner is removable and can be laundered.
- Chin curtain is removable for different conditions or preferences.
- Helmet buffeting on the neck is reduced by a rear spoiler.
- The intake and exhaust ports are over-sized and plentiful.
- The Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet meets or exceeds: DOT, ECE 22-05, SAI and SG standards. This helmet does not ship with the SAI or SG certification stickers.
- Integrated chin EPS(expanded polystyrene) reduces shield fogging.
- Improved “eyeport” design which provides enhanced peripheral vision.
- Sun glare is reduced with the design of the anti-glare visor.
- Improved Anti-lift visor is extensively wind-tunnel tested.
- Sculpted EPS nose reduces shield fogging in addition to the construction of the anti-fogging shield.
- Light reflectivity from the metallics used in the graphic design of the helmet.
- Better peripheral vision with improved eyeport design
- Visor is design with anti-lift, anti-glare and anti-fogging technology
- The Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet meets or exceeds DOT, ECE 22-05, SAI and SG safety standards
- Currently only 3 colors with one graphic design to choose from.
- Supplemental cheek pad sizes have set thicknesses only available for certain size helmets.
- Significant wind drag on visor at speeds over 50 mph.
The triple combination of Carbon fibers, Dyneema and fiberglass provides the rider with a strong shell for the maximum in outer protection. Separate double layers of expanded polystyrene dissipate force and provide impact protection in the event of a crash. Prices for the Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet start at $550.00 and is available in red, black or white base colors. Currently, only one graphic design is available for this helmet. The Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet is available in sizes from XS-3XL.
Interested In Some Closeout Sale Deals?
While you’re thinking about the Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet, you just may pick up a great bargain by scanning the closeout deals and sales currently on offer from Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla Online or Cycle Gear Direct.
Prices/conditions valid at time of publication.
BTW: If you found this Icon Variant Carbon Cyclic Helmet review helpful, why not give us the thumbs up on your favorite social media spot.