Excellence by Design – HJC RPHA 10 High Performance Sport/Street Helmet
Strong, Lightweight and Aerodynamic Full-Faced Helmet
The HJC RPHA 10 full-faced helmet is constructed from a composite of Fiberglass and Aramid Epoxies & Carbon and Organic fibers. This construction offers an incredibly strong, safe and extremely lightweight helmet. The RPHA 10 helmet is one of the lightest SNELL helmets available. For riders familiar with the HJC family, this helmet is the successor to the RPS10 helmet and establishes itself as one of HJC’s higher-end helmets. Pretty impressive stuff, so on with the HJC RPHA 10 helmet review.
HJC has specialized solely in the production of motorcycle helmets since 1971. HJC has maintained its status as the #1 motorcycle helmet brand in North America, as referenced in the Motorcycle Industry Magazine from 1992 to present. HJC’s extensive experience in manufacturing, innovative design, and affordable pricing has led the company to incredible success worldwide in addition to North America markets. Riders across the world choose HJC as the helmets they trust.
Structure and Design of the HJC RPHA 10
- The “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation system provides full airflow movement from front to back. This airflow design effectively vents heat and humidity up and out of the helmet.
- Easy to use dials on each intake vent make for easy single-handed variable air flow adjustments.
- The design of the chin vent is improved and easier to operate with an increased air flow of 20%.
- The RapidFire™ II system provides for quick and easy removal and installation of the shield.
- The RPHA 10 integrates a 2D flat-racing shield with a clear Pinlock®-prepared insert. This one-touch open and close locking system creates an extremely tight and secure face shield seal.
- The HJC RPHA 10 sports more of a racing helmet fit which is a bit more snug around the face. With this construction, there is less helmet movement at higher speeds.
- Three different shell sizes
- Sizes run from: XS-XXL
- SilverCool Plus™ Interior: This advanced silver, moisture-wicking fabric is anti-mircrobial, antibacterial and odor-free.
- The crown and cheek pads in the interior are fully removable and can easily be laundered.
- This helmet weighs in at 3lbs, 6ozs.
- Intermediate to neutral oval shape of the helmet which allows for more room on the sides of the head.
- Removable neck roll for more comfort if desired.
- Two snaps back below occipital ridge of the head do not cause pressure points where the helmet liner connects to the helmet on the neck.
- The 3d liner is designed with large cutouts for air channels, creating a good vacuum through the helmet and efficient exhaustion of heat through extractors.
- Two vents on the back of the helmet are always set to open with spoiler. This stabilizes down force and eliminates lift at higher speeds.
- Where the cheek pads meet the interior comfort liner allows for comfortable eyeglass wear.
- The RPHA 10 Helmet meets or exceeds SNELL & D.O.T. standards
- An amalgamation of Carbon Fibers, Aramid Epoxy, Fiberglass and Organic Fibers create HJC’s Advanced P.I.M. (Premium Integrated Matrix) Construction. This combination creates a remarkably strong helmet shell that is lightweight, yet safe and comfortable for the rider.
- All helmets are tested extensively in both laboratory testing as well as in “real” life for quality assurance.
- The HJC RPHA 10 utilizes the “ACS” Advanced Channeling Ventilation system which provides full airflow movement from front to back. This airflow design vents heat and humidity up and out of the helmet.
- This helmet weighs in at 3lbs, 6ozs.
- 5 year limited Warranty
- Initial Tight Cheek pad fit
- Though generally quiet, at certain speeds and riding conditions can be noisy
This lightweight and durable HJC RPHA 10 offers excellent lightweight protection and comfort. Prices for the HJC RPHA10 are priced at $359.99 for black, white or dark yellow solid colors. Matte black, silver or anthracite metallic run at $364.99. The Cage and Evoke Series cost $399.99. Ben Spies Monster Replicas – Models I and II cost $549.99.
Improved air-flow and single-handed and glove-friendly vent adjustments, this helmet offers a great amount of heat exhaust and venting changes on the fly. Coupled with the safety rating that meets or exceeds SNELL and DOT standards, this helmet gives you affordable comfort and safety.
Interested In Some Closeout Sale Deals?
While you’re thinking about the HJC RPHA 10 Helmet, you just may pick up a great bargain by scanning the closeout deals and sales currently on offer from Motorcycle Superstore, Revzilla Online or Cycle Gear Direct.
Prices/conditions valid at time of publication.
BTW: If you found this HJC RPHA 10 Helmet review helpful, why not give us the thumbs up on your favorite social media spot.
PS. Read more reviews like we did for the HJC RPHA 10 here.