How To Get Protection and Comfort From Boots Without Them Costing You the Earth
Sometimes we just don’t have the spare cash to buy top-shelf motorcycle gear and yet we all like to have something that gives us comfort and protection without having to mortgage the mother-in-law.
Hence I’ve put up this Alpinestars Tech 7 boots write-up to provide you with some information on what I believe is a very reasonable boot that comes in at a very affordable price of $299.00.
The Alpinestars Tech 7 boots are going to appeal more to off-road/motocross riders than tourers.
Like all Alpinestars boots, the construction and finish is high quality. The latest release does incorporate some of the features found on their more expensive boots which is always nice.
Presently these boots are available in four designs – black, white/grey, black/red, blue/white from sizes 5 to 16.
Features and Benefits
- Full-grain leather with impact and abrasion resistant PU shell for unmatched levels for safety
- TPU protects toes, foot, ankle and lower leg from dangerous impact. Toe box area utilizes a unique dual injection process which offers greater flexibility and comfort
- Dual compound toe-box for improved flexibility and increased impact protection
- Brand new outsole using Tech 10 technology
- Closure system features 4 aluminum buckles with memory and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure
- TPU rubber gaiter at the top of the boot effectively seals out elements
- Shin plate protector is injected with high modulus PU for a high level of impact and abrasion protection
- Contoured calf protector plate is injected with PU for high impact protection
- Alpinestars’ exclusive high grip rubber double density compound outsole with replaceable sole
- Inner side of the boot specifically designed with dual compound PU for improved grip
- Achilles flex zones for superior comfort, control and support
The Tech 7 boot does not have a bootie like the Tech 8 or the Tech 10 which for years was very popular among many riders. You either feel comfortable with booties or you don’t.
For these particular boots, I’ve heard some mixed results about the durability. Some riders, not a lot, but a few have had issues with the ability of the boot to perform under demanding riding conditions.
From what I’ve seen and heard, these boots don’t stand up as well to the demands of hard offroad riding/racing where the boots are continually coming into direct contact with their environment. If you are into hard, demanding riding, you’d be better off taking a look at the Alpinestars Tech 10 boots or equivalent.
Fit and Comfort
Out of the box, the boots are a good fit. It may take a few rides to break them in, but they seem to be pretty good with no real pressure points arising from poor fit.
Again, there is the need to be aware that they may be a touch on the big side, so a quick check may show a need for a half size smaller than your normal fit to get a snug, comfortable fit.
If you are buying on-line see if you can try a pair on somewhere to check the fit before you hit the purchase button. All reputable on-line sellers offer no hassles refund arrangements if the fit is not what you expect, but it’s a damn side better to get it right the first time around.
Alpinestars offer a one year warranty against all manufacture defects.
Alpinestars retailers offer rock solid money back guarantees, so there’s not a lot of risk here. Either way you can save yourself serious money.
“Another fine product from Alpinestars. I really do like the comfort and style…and they feel real light. They have good support and flexibility they are just a awesome boot for the price. They are not a tech 10 but they are the next best thing…” Shawn Taylor – motorcrossboots.org
The feedback across the board to date reinforces my assessment that it is a mid priced boot that wears easily, is pretty durable, lightweight and easy to use. 90% of reviewers would recommend these boots to a friend and that speaks volumes. I’d give it 4.5 stars out of 5 for this category of boot.
If you do want to invest in a top end boot have a look at the Alpinestars Tech 10’s. After a few years it is not unusual for riders to upgrade from the Tech 7’s to the Tech 10’s.
Hope this Alpinestars Tech 7 Boots review makes your decision making a little easier. If you found our review helpful please like us on your favorite social media spot.