Alpinestars Top of the Range Off-Road/Dual Sports Boots
The Alpinestars Tech 10 Boots are their premium boot in the motocross/off-road space and come with a whole lot of features that spell superior protection and comfort.
The Tech 10 are Alpinestars’ most innovative off-road boot design to date. The designers at Alpinestars strove to improve the performance of the boot’s safety structure to protect the ankle and heel while giving complete freedom, flexibility and feel to the rider.
Earlier boots had ankle protection and support incorporated into their construction. Alpinestars have improved on this concept which they developed and patented in the mid-80s, bringing protection closer to the body with a new inner brace and double-hinged assembly which doesn’t place excessive stress on the knees. This system protects the ankle against lateral impacts and minimizes the chances of twists and sprains as well.
Tech 10 boots also give the rider the ability to further lessen knee stress which is a major concern for many by having a replaceable softer-material inner bar. The rider can customize the degree of ankle control and therefore reduce the amount of possible stress transmitted to the knees when hitting deep ruts etc. These boots are extremely strong, stable and comfortable to wear. Just as importantly they are reasonably lightweight.
Features and Benefits
- Revolutionary external structure features ultra low profile design to minimize weight at the lower section of the boot and upper design developed for controlled flexibility, streamlined profile and superior grip against the bike.
- Innovative biomechanical inner bootie provides the ultimate in support and safety. Torsion bars control ankle and leg rotation, while allowing freedom of movement.
- Bootie structure features PU protection and shock absorbing padding on the heel and ankles and an ultra thin and flexible forefoot area for increased feeling of the controls. Perforated bootie is washable and replaceable.
- Innovative PU spine protects the heel, controls flex and features a hyperextension guard.
- Outer side of the boot features anti-torsion PU panel on the ankle for flexibility and support.
- New and exclusive dual compound sole is seamlessly integrated to the multi-density foot base structure with built-in support. Sole provides superior durability, grip, feel and a high level of structural rigidity.
- Advanced closure system features 3 techno-polymer and aluminum buckles for easy adjustability with a precise, secure and streamlined fit. Buckles feature memory, a quick release/locking system and a self-aligning design for easy and precise closure. 3 buckle system works in conjunction with the entire internal structure to provide excellent support and flexibility.
- Lightweight upper combines full-grain leather with impact and abrasion resistant PU shell for unmatched levels of safety. PU guards the toes, foot, heel, ankle, calf and shin with extra hard compounds on the toe-box, heel and Achilles tendon.
- Ultra comfortable and precision fit interior features new poly fabric lining with open cell foam and a shock absorbing shin pad.
- Inner side of the boot is designed for maximum grip against the bike from top to bottom and features PU panels for heat and abrasion resistance.
New form fitting PU gasket seals water out of the boot.
Presently they are available in six colors (black, white/black, red/white, black/green, blue/white, and black/gold).
These boots are pretty much bullet-proof. The only aspect that does need attention are the soles; which do seem to wear out within a year or so of continuous riding. The boots can be re-soled of course, either by yourself or by a boot maker.
Fit and Comfort
Unlike the Tech 7 boots, which can be a bit of the big side these boots seem to conform to the stated sizing. They may take a few rides to break them in, but that’s not uncommon for boots of this nature.
Almost all riders who wear Tech 10 boots find them comfortable with a secure, firm fit. Ventilation is good, with the boots performing well in the waterproofing department. For some reason, the white/black color combination is the only one that has additional ventilation across the top of the boot.
The weight of the boot isn’t excessive for the design. The majority of riders say they aren’t bothered by the weight and by comparison to less expensive brands they rate pretty well.
The official warranty period is twelve months, but Alpinestars seem to be happy to replace the boots that they consider to be faulty at any time where there is no evidence of gross mis-treatment.
For the price they want for these boots, so they damn well ought to! Do bear in mind though the soles are the only part of the boot that are not officially covered under their warranty, although it’s always worth a phone call.
When I thought about buying these boots, I thought they were just shiny boots made to look good, and the price was through the roof. After I bought these and tried them out with my KTM on a trial ride, I’ve got to say they’re the best boots ever made.
Mateo – Ceunca, PR
Well, at the risk of stating the obvious they are not cheap, that’s for sure. But they are an extremely well designed and constructed boot that offers superior protection and comfort. Lots of good looking color combinations as well. I’m rating them 4.7 out of 5.
If you don’t think the Alpinestars Tech 10 boots are for you and want to check out other top quality boots, why not have a look at the Sidi Adventure Gore-Tex boots.
If they are a little pricey for you even with these savings the next best product that we can recommend for you is the Alpinestars Tech 7 boots.
That’s my Alpinestars Tech 10 review. Hope the information here helps you to make a decision on what will work for you. Please like us on your favorite social media spot!